Love - Letters

When I went through the old books , I found old papers and dozens of letters, with a postal stamp on it , a huge collection of letters , I read through some of them , blue inked bold letters . Letters from my father, friends and love letters and many letters in my writing which I never dare to post . When i read each one of them it gave me the feel of rainfall on the Sand dunes. Letters and sweet memories behind them.

I remembered the day when I waited for the reply of the letters impatiently for days and ask postman for the letter. Postman was replaced by blue tick marks in my what's app chat 

When was the last time , I received a letter?
When was the last time that I wrote a letter ?
I receive mails may be the utility bills or court notices ,but never a hand written one in the recent times . Technology overrode on the letters 
Letters to text messages , then to whatsapp chats and Skype calls . 
Mobile beeped , a never seen Facebook friend messaged me "GoodNight , I miss you ".
10 mins later Jiya message me " Good night , i miss you ."
It was  hard to recognize which was real and which was formal . Mobile beeps doesn't excite me any more. I just wish she send me a letter to my surprise , just wanted to tear a envelope and read the handwritten pages of romance and poems.

May be I will write one to her .

Comments

Popular Posts